- 4 large baking potatoes (peeled and cubed ~1 cm or smaller)
- 1 medium white onion (chopped)
- 1 medium green pepper (chopped)
- Spices to taste (Black pepper, Chili powder, Cayenne Pepper)
- 1 can (11 oz.) Golden sweet corn (preferably unsalted)
- 1 can (15 oz.) Joan of Arc Spicy Chili Beans
- 2 (heaping)tbsp Vegetable Shortening or equivalent oil
1. Mix chopped potatoes, onion, and green pepper in a bowl and add the listed spices to taste (I like mine really spicy, so I’ll leave the amounts up to you.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil or shortening (I have found that shortening allows the potatoes to get soft and not crispy) over medium heat in the largest skillet you have, preferably 10 inches in diameter.
3. Add veggies and cook until the potatoes “starch” (become soft).
4. Add corn (drained) and cook for about five minutes then add beans (not drained, they come in a spicy sauce).
5. Cook over medium heat about five minutes more, then serve.
6. This dish is really good with blue corn chips and some sliced fruit (nectarines) on the side.
Serves: 4 to 6.
Preparation time: One Hour.
Nutrition Information: Depending on which oil you use this could be light or heavy on the saturated fats. Oh, but it is